INDUSTRY FURNACES - REFRACTORY MATERIAL - ENGINEERING - PRODUCTION - INSTALLATION
Trading with refractory materials:
Technical articles of any kind, but with focus on refractory materials and insulation materials, as well as on raw materials and semi-finished products for the production of various refractory components (Ceramic fibre-vacuum formed plates, Ceramic fibre blankets, Ceramic fibre paper, products with AES (bio-soluble) fiber, Cerpak plates, various mounting systems for module and multilayer construction, cords and packets, CaSi and microporous plates, fire-light and insulating bricks, fire bricks up to high alumina bricks).
Production of high-temperature components:
Production of refractory and insulating products, high-temperature sealing components from raw materials of various origins (blanks, stampings, hand-sewn seal elements and ceramic fibre (AES) - modules). Production of fine-grained mixtures of refractory materials with different binding systems. For example, highly stressed components in the melting operation metallurgical plants (burner blocks, nozzle blocks, precast concrete products of all kinds, sealants, refractory mortar, fiber masses, hight-temperature adhesives, coatings, ...).
Installation and Installation supervision
Installations are carried out by our own staff, otherwise the construction work is accomplished under the supervision of GFG.
GFG performs both, new constructions and also repairs. Lining and insulation work will be done in plants of different applications.
The supervision of construction works within the framework of the installation of refractory linings in all related fields.
- Ignition hood for a sinter plant at Port Talbot in England and Dragon Steel in Taiwan
- Biomass power plants
- Establishment of hot blast pipe, duct and exhaust system for blast furnaces
- Heat treatment assemblies for the automotive industry
- Electrode preheating furnaces for special steel plants
Engineering and Technical office
Important factors for the development of the company are activities in the context of engineering projects, research and development. The Engineering deals with the following areas:
- Creation of test documents such as tender documents, etc. for inspection and testing of refractory components.
- Creation of recipes for the production of refractory materials.
- Complete projects in industrial furnace with all necessary calculations.
(Thermodynamics, metallurgical reactions, ...).
- Creating technical drawings, parts lists, material specifications, etc.
- Offer and / or installation drawing (s), detail drawings such as stone images, anchors, etc.
- Thermal and thermodynamic calculations such as heat passages, heat balances, etc.
- Installation instructions with site logistics
- Heating curves
- Expert activites that can take place in association with refractory materials, combustion plants, industrial furnaces and pyrometallurgical processes.
Research and Development
In the context of research and development, GFG is constantly engaged with partners from industry and different universities with the development of metallurgical processes, which are mainly concerned with the investigation of metallurgical plant residue on Zero Waste base. This is done together with various method-developers, universities and laboratories.
Participation in the development of:
- RECODUST method:
pyrometallurgical processing of steelmaking dusts (Zn-recovery)
inductive heating of coke for various metallurgical applications
- DGM (steam granulating mill)
Atomization of metals and slags